Redeeming Babel is a dynamic non-profit that creates content and fosters conversations to equip Christians to find clarity in a confusing world. Redeeming Babel produces thoughtful material across multiple media types (videos, podcasts, print) to support the deep formation of hearts and minds. We have a distinctive focus on developing innovative video-based curriculum for individuals and small groups.
Our content is driven primarily by Curtis Chang, host of the Good Faith podcast, a consulting professor at Duke Divinity School, Senior Fellow at Fuller Theological Seminary, CEO of a White House award winning consulting firm, and co-founder of Christians and the Vaccine. Redeeming Babel also works closely with our partners David French, columnist at The New York Times, and Russell Moore, Editor-in-Chief of Christianity Today.
Redeeming Babel’s activities focus on content promotion and creating strategic partnerships for our three small group courses: The Anxiety Opportunity, God’s Purpose for Your Organizational Life, and The After Party: Towards Better Christian Politics. In addition to the courses, the Good Faith podcast and Curtis Chang’s books are incorporated into overall content promotion strategy.
Assistant Manager of Partnerships and Projects
The full-time Assistant Manager of Partnerships & Projects plays a key role on the Redeeming Babel team and is primarily a support role that comes with a clear trajectory for advancement. This position can be described as “organizational muscle” and will focus on all aspects of our partnership strategy, including prospecting, partnership-building, and collaborative project execution.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter, ready to roll up their sleeves to meet emerging opportunities and needs, and open to the reality that no two days look the same. This dynamic role touches on strategic thinking/growth, relationship management, project execution, and organizational administration. Prospective candidates should have a willingness to do highly detailed and task oriented work, as well as enjoy the world of ideas, especially at the cultural intersection of theology, politics, and institutions. Critically, they will be a person of strong Christian faith and high character.
Your voice and expertise will play a key role in shaping the future of our work and, with it, key conversations around Christians and their engagement in the world around them.
- Support efforts to identify and research potential partners including those at colleges and universities in the CCCU network and beyond
- Support Director of Content in partner-related content ideation & execution
- Periodic travel in support of partner efforts and to promote Redeeming Babel’s various content at conferences, events, etc.
- Internal Administration:
- Manage Redeeming Babel’s internal infrastructure including our website, Salesforce, donor logs, grant budgets, GSuite, etc. (note: several consultants are in place to assist where needed)
- Lead monthly reporting on social media, course, and web metrics to inform future strategic decisions
- Assist with social media comment moderation & engagement
Oversee user access for our online learning platforms
- Manage inbound queries to info@, media@, etc.
- Support the Director of Marketing & Communications in a variety of ways including event execution, promotional campaigns, social media content development & administration, etc.
- Join the conversation regarding Redeeming Babel’s future strategy, including new content streams, societal trends we should be speaking into, the evolution of our revenue model, media outreach strategy, etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with the various elements of developing & maintaining external partnerships
- Proactive, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent social skills
- Creative problem solving
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proficient with (and fast learner of) online technology platforms
- Awareness of the mapping of Christian thought leaders & organizations in the U.S.
- High level of missional alignment
- Orthodox Christian faith
- Job type: Full-time
- Salary range: $58-61k/year
- Location: Fully remote, but with a strong preference for Washington, DC for opportunities to meet regularly in person with other team members
To apply: submit a resume and cover letter to Aryana Petrosky at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please tell us a bit about yourself in narrative form, why you’re drawn to this work, and how it fits into the work you’ve already done in your life.
Subscribers to Redeeming Babel will receive a discount on all Redeeming Babel courses, a monthly newsletter, and exclusive access to member only forums.