Redeeming Babel produces content to help Christians make sense of the wider world. Our three topics (going from the levels of the interior, the community, and the wider society) are: Anxiety; Institutions; and Politics. In each of these three topics, we provide a paradigm shifting perspective in a manner that is thoughtful, accessible, creative, and with high production quality. Our main content formats include: a popular weekly podcast (Good Faith); online courses and other video content (distributed on social media); books; and special events.
Director of Development
The purpose of this role is to support and expand the fundraising efforts of Redeeming Babel at a key inflection point in its growth. The Director of Development will serve as a key partner to the founding Executive Director, Curtis Chang and also exercise his/her own initiative and leadership.
In the near term future, the organization’s fundraising aims are (in rough order of priority):
- Secure funding from foundations, especially around The After Party, Redeeming Babel’s high profile project that addresses political polarization among evangelicals. We have already received significant funding from secular foundations for this project and believe there is more potential.
- Grow institutional sponsorships for the Good Faith podcast, a popular show produced by Redeeming Babel.
- Cultivate and expand our individual donor base, including both a small circle of higher level donors and wider support (i.e. via “Kickstarter” type campaigns tied to specific initiatives).
Responsibilities of Role
- Develop an overall strategy for fundraising, especially for The After Party (“TAP”) but also cognizant of the other two main content streams.
- Research, identify, and prioritize potential targets among foundations and institutional sponsors of Good Faith
- Carry out preliminary exploratory conversations that lay the groundwork for the first meeting with Curtis Chang, and prepare Curtis for that first meeting.
- Execute follow up steps to that first meeting (i.e. arrange follow up meetings and share documents) and manage the relationships.
- Develop drafts of grant proposals.
- Design and execute targeted campaigns for our individual donor base (at both the high net worth and mass levels).
- Track and record progress in our Salesforce database.
- Serve as a thought partner with Curtis and Director of Marketing in aligning messaging across the organization.
- Contribute to overall team efforts as appropriate.
- Committed and spiritually mature Christian with high character.
- Thoughtful and articulate on the big issues defining how Christians (especially the evangelical community) are engaging with the wider world.
- Passionate alignment with the core message of Redeeming Babel.
- Past experience in nonprofit fundraising (preferred) or in private sector marketing/sales.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Clear and compelling communication in both verbal and written contexts.
- Attention to details and rigorous follow through.
- Self-starter and self-manager who can translate high level input into weekly execution.
- Mature emotional intelligence and robust commitment to interpersonal health and integrity in all 360 degrees of relationships.
- In our space, Redeeming Babel already enjoys strong relationships and respected standing with influential institutions and individuals. The ideal Director of Development is someone who enjoys developing and deepening these kinds of relationships.
This role is expected to occupy 20-25 hours per week. The exact timing of those hours are highly flexible, as long as they align to availability for external meetings and consultations with Curtis. There is no physical location requirement, although we have a preference for the following regions: Washington D.C. area, Nashville, or the SF Bay Area. The position will report directly to Curtis Chang.
Compensation is negotiable based on experience and qualifications, with the Chrisitan nonprofit sector serving as our benchmark.
Interested? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions. If interested, please submit CV and cover letter to this email address.
Manager of Partnerships & Projects
The purpose of this role is to assist with outreach to strategic partners around the distribution of our content; implementing these partnership projects; and keeping Redeeming Babel internal databases up-to-date. The Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Partnerships & Projects, Aryana Petrosky.
Responsibilities of Role
- Assist the Senior Manager of Partnerships & Projects to identify and research potential partners.
- Cultivate existing and new partnerships at colleges and universities in the CCCU network.
- Manage the internal databases to track partnerships, funding, and projects.
- Community engagement and management with Redeeming Babel members and Good Faith podcast listeners.
- Oversee user access for our online learning platforms.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Director of Communications with social media marketing to reach younger audiences.
- Conduct monthly reports to capture social and content analytics to inform strategy recommendations.
- Think creatively about distribution and growth opportunities to increase uptake of Redeeming Babel content.
- 2-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Track record at developing external partnerships
- Proactive, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent social skills
- Creative problem solving
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proficient with (and fast learner of) online technology platforms
- Awareness of the mapping of Christian thought leaders & organizations in the U.S.
- High level of missional alignment
- Orthodox Christian faith
- Salary range: 58,000 – 64,000
- Job type: Full-time
- Location: Fully remote, but with a strong preference for Washington, DC for opportunities to meet regularly in person with other team members
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Subscribers to Redeeming Babel will receive a discount on all Redeeming Babel courses, a monthly newsletter, and exclusive access to member only forums.